USATC S160 No.1604

Part of the collection

£269.95£379.95

Livery: Black (satin) with U.S.A. on tender.

Manufacturer: ALCO – Schenectady – 1942

Shed allocation and region: Newport Ebbw Junction (NPT) – GWR

Date of model: December 1942

Tooling variations:

  • GWR lamp irons
  • Straight strap smokebox door fitted with GWR lamp iron
  • Westinghouse air pump
  • Pipework mounted behind chimney
  • Straight running boards
  • Right hand drive with pole reverser and original pattern firehole door
  • Standard wartime tender
  • Boiler-mounted ejector pipe fitted

To watch our video illustrating these tooling variations, click on the play button in the image gallery.

SKU926001 : DCC Ready
926501 : DCC Sound Fitted
Please note this is a pre-order item.
Some order restrictions apply. Click here

SKU: 926001-Base Category:

Description

No.1604 had the honour of being the first S160 to be displayed publicly when on the 11th December 1942 it was exhibited at Paddington station and officially handed over to Lord Leathers (Minister of War Transport) by Colonel N.A. Ryan (Chief of Transportation, US Army). Overall, the GWR had the largest number of S160 locomotives on loan, with a total of 174 locomotives operating across the GWR network. No.1604 was allocated to the Newport Ebbw Junction prior to transfer to the continent and use by the SNCB before scrapping in 1946/7.

Each model features factory-fitted speakers in the smokebox and tender, dual LED firebox glow with  dynamic fire draw effect, a large twin flywheel motor, detachable loco and tender connections, pickups on all driving and tender wheels alongside a tender mounted 21-pin DCC decoder socket. DCC Sound versions will be fitted with an ESU LokSound5 decoder and our own sound project.

Shopping cart

0
image/svg+xml

No products in the cart.

Continue Shopping